The GH&TM training has a duration of two and a half years and consists of the following components:
- Nine months of residency in Surgery or Paediatrics,
- Nine months of residency in Obstetrics and Gynaecology,
- Ten additional one-day courses and trainings in global health related topics
- Three months of theoretical training in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (NTC) at the Royal Tropical Institute (KIT) in Amsterdam (also part of Master International Health),
- Six months of residency in a resource poor setting.